Do you find you get stuck with when trying to come up with content for Social Media? I have a confession – I sometimes do too. So I’ve come up with this list, both for myself, and for you, so we can both refer back to it if we get stuck. If I’ve missed a good one please add it in the comments!
- Answer questions asked by customers
- Share unique uses for your service – ie. a different way someone’s used it
- Solve a problem that’s common to your clients (ie. mine often wonder where to start their Marketing)
- Curate content – add your own analysis to it
- Share a review of your service (with a link to the person who wrote it if possible)
- Upcoming community events (ie. Green Living Expo for Wellness Company)
- Share company updates
- Use Survey Monkey to survey your customers
- Infographics – for those of us who are visual people!
- Try Twitter’s Vine application and share a 6 second video of one of your daily activities
- Share bio’s of your staff — and fun little-known facts
- Interesting industry facts
- Put together a how-to tutorial
- Twitter conversations – ie. Abbotsford Police tweets of bad driving excuses (use screenshots)
- Have a contest – promote it on Social Media, share photo of winner on Social Media
- Skill testing questions (ie. name that poop, what animal is this? for Safari company)
- Photos of clients (tag them, of course)
- Ask for feedback on a new service or feature you’re considering
- Questions – ie. what are you reading this weekend?
- Book reviews (relevant books) ie. My recent book review of “Ctrl, Alt, Delete”
- Quotes (check out Brainy Quote for ideas)
- Jokes (appropriate ones!)
- Check out LinkedIn, Twitter or Reddit for news in your category – may spark an idea!
- Pick out key points of longer posts and share, with link to longer article
- Caption this! (photo)
- Got another?? Please add it below and we can all benefit!
Please note: what you say in your posts really depends on your objectives, what interests your ideal clients, and where you are posting it (ie. Your Twitter posts will be very condensed compared to LinkedIn).
And one tip — Check out HootSuite – it’s a free content management system (allows you to post to many different social media and schedule posts)
Want monthly practical Marketing tips and advice delivered directly to your inbox? Just sign up for my email newsletter.